Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Midweek Entry


Apparently it's official. I'm known as klupto around the hotel. I think it was my SECOND day on the job and the HR director told me to go borrow scissors from housekeeping. I of course promised the nice man at the desk I'd bring his scissors back. I may have sworn my first child or something I worked so hard reassuring him! After hours in the "hole" where we were setting up the haunted house we went to lunch...and back upstairs...and then I remembered. I couldn't find the scissors! So the NEXT day the guy from housekeeping came up to the office asking about the scissors and they just gave him a random pair. He even said "Are these ours?" And my coworker had to tell him no, just take them.

So now to Monday. Almost like 3 weeks later! I go to get some feminine products from a girl from housekeeping. And a DIFFERENT employee says "Hey Shawna" yeah he's Turkish "Hey Shawna, did you come to steal some more scissors?"

WHAAAAT!!! This is a random guy who was not affiliated with the previous story...I'm the scissor thief from HR. That's what they call me when I'm not around. =(


I was a little insecure about Monday's outfit. Didn't feel like it screamed "ME." So at lunch the director of engineering asked me who dressed me. Apparently my outfit didn't pass his fashion test. Haha

Wednesday Lisa was out sick so it was one of those sink or swim days for me! I taught myself how to use their fancy fax machine, found payroll (so many doors and staircases around here!) and even found the 4th floor conference room. WHOOHOO! I
feel like a mole down here in this basement...

Culinary Corner:
I get lunch free at this assignment and most of it is not vegetarian friendly. Luckily they have a salad bar with fresh spinach everyday, so I usually stick to salad and even bring my own dressing that I get made fun of for...

Monday: Spinach salad with carrots, cucumber and croutons. I threw some tuna and guacamole on the plate. For a hot food I chose some rosemary potatoes...mmm yum!

Today's free lunch consisted of the same salad from Monday minus tuna and guac. I had left my dressing in the cafeteria and was so sad about it! But I found it with the condiments. How cool is that!?! For a hot dish they had leek and potato soup. I put some cheese on top, tada!

Oh I made a box for the Thanksgiving food drive. See the following:

No comments:

Post a Comment